Thursday, November 20, 2008

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $74 For the Love of Hats...and Coach!

Today's outfit of the day should be a familiar color scheme. I wore something like this earlier this month. I just love this green with denim blue.

Hats have also become a new item in my wardrobe. I cut my hair 10 inches in October and have been having fun trying new things. Hats are a wonderful thing when you don't have time to wash your hair.

The Breakdown.
Green Old Navy sweater (on sale $8/ARP $25), white tank ($4 Rave/ARP $4), B.Laguna jeans (TJ Maxx $15/ARP $50), brown cable knit hat ($8 For Love 21/ARP $8), Coach signature hobo ($43 eBay/ARP $285), bronze Anne Klein heels ($4 thrift store/ARP $80).

Grand Total: $70
Approximate Retail Price: $452
Savvy Savings: $382


A note on my Rave tank tops. If you notice, I have it sticking out in one picture and not in the other, oops! A funny thing about that. I initially took a picture from behind without the tank peeking out and ended up proving Clinton (my What Not to Wear stylist) absolutely right. It's a little trick called "Divide and Conquer" - divide your butt with a jacket, shirt, etc. and it makes your butt look SMALLER!

Now, admittedly, I don't have a large butt and yet it sure looked better with it divided. I would show you the picture where it wasn't divided by the tank so you could see for yourself but I hit "delete" on the camera and it disappeared...bum-mer...ha, ha, ha! Get it BUM-mer. Ok! Moving on...


The other thing I noticed, however, is that I look taller & longer in the picture without the divide by tank top, which shows me that I need to find a longer sweater so that I can divide & conquer the butt and still look long and lean.

No comments:

Post a Comment