Monday, January 26, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $41 Green Goes Brown!


Today's outfit was really fun for me. I love the browns of this vintage jacket I found over 10 years ago when I was still single. I bought it at a thrift store (of course!) and it came with matching pants. Talk about a sort of zoot suit look! I love the jacket and I'm always excited when I can find a new outfit to wear with it.


The Breakdown.
American Eagle khaki cords ($5 thrift store/ARP $40), New York & Company geometric gauze print shirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $30), Ann Taylor Sweater ($4 thrift store/ARP $40), bronze Gianni Bini boots ($6 thrift store/ARP $75), Banana Republic suede & leather hobo ($10 thrift store/ARP $200), vintage wool long striped coat ($12 thrift store/ARP $40).

Grand Total: $42
Approximate Retail Price: $425
Savvy Savings: $383


So Green goes Brown - what does it all mean? Well, what's more green than recycling? Everything in today's outfit is from the thrift store - woo-hoo! Who knew green could look so good?

No comments:

Post a Comment