Friday, February 27, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day $14 - Via Spiga Sassy

Today's outfit was thrown together just so we could go outside and play for a while. We had no errands to run after school so we didn't expect to be out in the big wide world, but playing out in the neighborhood usually means you'll be joined by at least 5 other kids and accompanying parents checking in on the action. Having not washed my hair, which sorely needed it, I donned a cap to hide the mess.

The Breakdown.
Mossimo terry cloth sweat jacket ($4 Target/ARP $22), white tank ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), Red Camel denim skirt ($7 Belk's/ARP $30), Via Spiga "Scramble" suede wedge boots (FREE, Plato's Closet exchange - still they would have only been $12/ARP $270 ), olive suede hat (FREE Plato's Closet, new with tags, it was $8/ARP $10).

Grand Total: $13
Approximate Retail Price: $335
Savvy Savings: $322

Ok, so maybe I didn't have to wear such killer boots, but it sure elevated a denim skirt & terry cloth sweat jacket, no? Plus, I felt pretty sassy just watching the kids play and waving to the occasional car driving by!

2 comments:

  1. let me just say that i LOVE your blog. i can't wait to see what you are wearing everyday. and i am close, very close to going to goodwill. i have occasionally bought my kids clothes there and buy a lot of their clothes at second hand children's store. however, i've just never had the stomach to buy things for myself. i don't know, i get a bit grossed out there. but you are inspiring me. i went into plato's closet this week and bought a pair of tommy capris and two tanks for 20.00...total. i was thrilled. funny note: my three kids were unpleasantly surprised when they walked into the store and it was not a kid's store. they thought i said "playdough's closet" and were thrilled to go with me. until they walked in! julia/indianapolis/homeschool mom to three/only 2 months away from going to china to adopt our son/and on my way to becoming savvy...

    ReplyDelete
  2. PLAYDOUGH'S Closet? That's the funniest thing I've heard today!I bet they were surprised. My kids prefer Goodwill since they've learned that Mom might buy them a book while we're there, but Plato's Closet usually elicits groans from them. Good job with your savvy shopping! You're one step closer to Goodwill....

    ReplyDelete