Thursday, March 19, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $20 Angela Adams

I wore this cute Angela Adams tote yesterday. I found it at the thrift store and was drawn to the pattern and colors. Angela Adams' work is viewed as part of the urban design movement. She started with textiles, rugs, tiles, more home design items, but she dabbles in clothes and bags as well.

In my opinion she gives a bit of a modern edge to retro designs and colors. So while this outfit may not be "urban" (I mean, c'mon, there's a rosette on the sweater) I'd like to think the addition of the purse keeps this outfit from looking boring in its basic-ness. In truth the bag is more pink than true red, but I think the nuances of color work well rather than a perfect matchy-matchy look, and well, it holds a lot. Great for a mom on the go. I would have used this for a diaper bag if had been around when the Superstars were in diapers!

The Breakdown.
Kenneth Cole faux wrap sweater ($6 thrift store/ARP $150 ), white tank top ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), DKNY jeans (FREE Plato's Closet because of trade-ins/ARP $50), Franco Sarto brown leather heels ($5 thrift store/ARP $90), Angela Adams tote ($6 thrift store/ARP $85).


Grand Total: $20
Approximate Retail Price: $378
Savvy Savings: $358

No comments:

Post a Comment