Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $27 Gruffalo Green & Bronze

Yesterday was a breezy 80 degrees here in Music City. The Superstars and I had a wonderful day out and about our fair city. It started with a field-trip to the Tennessee Performing Arts Center (TPAC) to watch The Gruffalo a cute play adapted from a picture book written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler.

We walked around the Tennessee State Museum for an hour after the performance since the museum is free and in the same building beneath the theater. By then it was lunch so we headed to one of my old single-day's haunt, SATCO (San Antonio Taco Company) and ate out on the deck after which we walked around the grounds of the church where my husband and I were married. From a 3500 year old mummy to chips & queso, all in all we had a fun-filled day full of new experiences as well as a reminder of why I love homeschooling so much.

This beautiful green outfit fit the day to a T and I was thankful to squeeze it in before the cold front moves in to give us 40 degrees and rain today.

The Breakdown.
Green cotton Mossimo Sweater ($5 Target/ARP $18), white tank ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), green leaves Liz Clairborne skirt new with tags ($4 thrift store/ARP $60), Enzo Angiolini bronze leather shoes ($5 thrift store/ARP $80), bronze leather Banana Republic hobo ($10 eBay/ARP $150).

Grand Total: $27
Approximate Retail Price: $311
Savvy Savings: $284

Once this cold front moves on you'll be seeing me in more skirts as the weather warms up. I was never really one for skirts growing up a tomboy and all, but the hot humid summers here in Music City have convinced me that skirts are very practical and cool, not to mention SO much more flattering on me than shorts and most capris.

No comments:

Post a Comment