Monday, April 13, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $46 DKNY, Kors & BCBG...Oh My!

Today's outfit of the day allowed me wear my new BCBG shoes that I bought at Plato's Closet two weeks back for less than $10 (actually it was a trade-in so I spent no money out of pocket!). Worn with a no-name hat I bought there last month sometime I loved the idea of cute casual, especially since the weather went back and forth from raining to blue skies for the most part.

The Breakdown.
Mossimo white sweater ($5 Target/ARP $25), goldenrod tank ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), DKNY jeans (Free Plato's Closet trade-in/ARP $50), BCBG shoes (Free Plato's Closet trade-in/ARP $90), Michael Kors purse ($30 eBay/ARP $350), plaid hat ($8 Plato's Closet/ARP $20).

Grand Total: $46
Approximate Retail Price: $538
Savvy Savings: $534

So I'm getting a lot of use of my Michael Kors purse. I bought it because it was a great price for a well-made handbag and the color was my way of participating on the "yellow trend" that seems to be popping up this Spring. What I didn't know is that it's still selling new-with-tags online. The MSRP? $350! Woo-hoo, and here I thought it was "just" $250.

Stay Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment