Friday, May 8, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $61 Plum & Patent

It's back to work for me again, well, voice over work. I had a session today that I had almost forgotten about. Scheduled for 10:00 a.m., the session is one of my regular gigs that I record every other month. I remembered it at 9:51. Luckily it's right down the road, but I was still 15 minutes late. It took me 10 minutes to get out the door with dressed kids in tow (pretty durn good if I do say so myself).

The Breakdown.
Next denim pencil skirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $60 a UK brand), Sunny Leigh blouse ($13 Belk's/ARP $59), Gianni Bini plum shoes ($4 thrift store, with TJMaxx sticker still on the bottom/ARP $80), Helen Welsh brown patent leather purse ($40 eBay/ARP $248).

Grand Total: $61
Approximate Retail Price: $447
Savvy Savings: $386

I love the soft plum colored shoes with this outfit. They look brown but I think it adds a bit of extra visual texture so that it's not too "shoes match the purse" kind of thing. I know, silly, but it's the little things, right?

Stay Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment