Monday, June 8, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $23 Faconnable Fashion

It's Summer! Public school is out and the street is teeming with children almost all day long and we love it. This outfit was a celebration of the warm weather.

The Breakdown.
Mossimo cotton shirt ($5 Target/ARP $18), white tank top ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), Faconnable skirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $150), Via Spiga red heels (free trade in at Plato's Closet/ARP $150), Hobo International leather purse ($11 eBay/ARP $250 ).

Grand Total: $23
Approximate Retail Price: $571
Savvy Savings: $548

Between the shoes and the outfit itself I received 3 compliments from women ranging in age from 18 to 65. Of course I didn't tell them that I only spent $23 for the whole outfit.

I haven't made much mention when it comes to additional accessories, but I scour the thrift store as well as the sale counters. The bracelet is sterling silver with some sort of stone cabachon (no brand name that I could find, just the .925 silver mark) I bought at a local outlet store named Essex for $1. The Skaagen watch was purchased at Plato's Closet for $5 (retail $125). The necklace was a gift from my sister-in-law and the sterling silver earrings were $2 at the thrift store.

Stay Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment