Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the day - $23 Arden B. Sassy

Remember how in my thrift store shopping tips I said it's good to try on new things? The shirt in today's outfit is a perfect example of that. I've never been to an Arden B. store and this isn't the type of sweater I would pull out from racks, but when I tried it on it seemed to fit so well that I couldn't resist for just $4. Now it's one of my favorites because it's just a little different than the norm.

The Breakdown
The knit shirt is Arden B. ($4 thrift store/ARP $50), tank top (Rave $4/ARP $4), khaki cords (Banana Republic sale $11/ARP $78), leather brushed gold Nine West shoes ($5 Kohl's sale/ARP $60) and my patent leather red Coach from my friend, Jenn!

Grand Total: $24
Approximate Retail Price: $192
Savvy Savings: $168


If you notice, the pants and shoes are both brand new from the store. I think the cords from Banana Republic were originally $78 and I got them for $11. The Nine West shoes were originally $50 and had literally gone to 90% off and I've actually been quite surprised how neutral they are and how often I end up wearing them. So for those of you who don't care for thrift store shopping and prefer the mall, there are definitely deals to be had. Tomorrow's post will be a few tips for how shop the mall.

No comments:

Post a Comment