Friday, April 10, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Night - Saltimbanco & Date Night with Daddy

Nana & Pappy live in town and one of the amazing benefits is that they love having the Superstars spend the night with them allowing us to have Date Nights. Imagine how excited I was when my Hubby said he got tickets for Cirque de Soleil's Saltimbanco and that his parents were more than happy to have them spend the night.

Of course, the next big question was "What do I wear?" I chose a simple wrap dress, rain coat and my favorite boots. I knew with downtown parking we might have to walk a bit and since there had been tornado warnings and nasty weather earlier, I knew I didn't want to go prancing around in the rain in something too fancy. Plus, it was at the Sommet Center (where the Nashville Predators play - GO PREDS!).

The show was absolutely amazing, and I'm glad I had worn something comfortable. I even got a compliment from a woman in the next row about my dress.

As a Savvy Saving tip, check out Travelzoo.com. That's where we got the heads-up for tickets for just $25 a piece, and while we weren't sitting on the floor, we were a a few rows lower than midway and center. Total for the tickets, including the fees cost us $37 a piece, and well worth it if you ask me! Our normal date nights are usually spent going out to a nice dinner and just talking; which is treat enough given that with the Superstars around sometimes it's hard to get a word in edgewise with one another. This was a nice change of pace.



The Breakdown.
Intrigue dress ($8 thrift store/ARP $80), Rave tank ($4 Rave/ARP $4), Franco Sarto boots (birthday gift!), Ambience brown rain trench ($21 Belk's/ARP $129), Maxximum suede & leather purse ($6 thrift store/ARP $120).

Grand Total: $39
Approximate Retail Price: $333
Savvy Savings: $294

Without the jacket I would have chosen a dark brown purse with the dress and boots, but since I kept the coat on for the majority of the time I felt the pop of blue would work better than having something that would just blend in and create a big brown blob. Hmmm, come to think of it, I could have probably worn my light brown patent leather Fossil from a couple weeks back. Oh well, next time!

Tomorrow's challenge, an Easter egg hunt on muddy fields...a.k.a. the dreaded photo op in not-so-good weather conditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment