Thursday, April 9, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $92 Kors of course!

Today's outfit was just for running around. I had a few errands that basically entailed returns, never fun, actually a pain; a palm that died (the last one I had lasted 5 years so I was a bit miffed), a Whole Food's vitamin that my husband was wanting to try and never did, and then an item I bought on eBay that was, as they say, "significantly not as described" and needed to be mailed back with delivery confirmation.

It was all finished rather quickly but then I had a baby shower to run to that evening. I had fully intended to change into something a little more girly, but a neighbor down the street needed help so I didn't have time to change before running out to the shower. I had a great time and met some incredible women. Hi JoAnna!

The Breakdown.
Mossimo green cotton sweater ($5 Target/ARP $18), Arden B lace cami ($4 thrift store/ARP $18), Flirty Blues skirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $30), Unisa nude slides ($4 thrift store, new with sticker/ARP $80), Michael Kors purse ($30 eBay/APR $350).

Grand Total: $92
Approximate Retail: $496
Savvy Savings: $404

Yeah, so Flirty Blues? I don't know anything about it other than it shows up in Australian Google listings so I figure it "must not be from 'round these parts," but really who cares? If it fits well, it doesn't matter. I love high-end labels like the next girl when it means quality, but sometimes I think you should take a chance and mix it up a bit. Remember Sharon Stone when she showed up at the Academy Awards wearing an off the rack Valentino skirt, Armani dress (as a coat) with a Gap t-shirt? Yeah, I had to look up the other pieces of her outfit but I remembered it was a Gap shirt. And you know what, she looked good!

As a society sometimes I think we are so label conscience that we miss the point that clothes should fit well. I'm still learning that. As great as it may be to find a pair of Citizen Jeans at the thrift store, what's the point if it doesn't look good on me? Anyway that's a soap box I'm too tired to climb up on tonight. And really, who am I to say anything, I fell for the Michael Kors purse. But it's pretty, isn't it?

Stay Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment