Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $48 Beverly Feldman, Tracy Reese & More

It's been a while, hasn't it? Well, there's a good reason, I was on vacation in Florida! It was our first family vacation. I mean, we'd done the Disneyland thing but my husband says that didn't count because we were actually in California visiting my family. Considering his relatives use to live in a small town in southern Illinois where there is no Disneyland, I considered it a nice little family vacation thank-you-very-much.

At any rate, we had a grand time and very cheap to boot! I mean, if you consider spending 2 hours listening to a timeshare presentation a small price to pay for a 3 night stay on the beach in Sandestin for just $199. Really, the presentation was quite interesting and something we may actually consider in the future but at this time in this economy, we're putting aside any extra income "just in case."


At any rate, the Sunday before we left I wore this outfit for my niece's dedication at church. It may look familiar as it was the first time I got to wear these two pieces from my
Sunday splurge back in March. Coupled with a Scarlett Blake purse I got off eBay a couple months back and some great Beverly Feldman shoes I bought at a local outlet, I felt pretty together...important since we had to wake up at 6:30 to get to the church on time. Sigh, the things we do for the people we love.


The Breakdown.

Gap sweater ($3 thrift store/ARP $60), Tracy Reese dress ($8 thrift store/ARP $250), Beverly Feldman heels ($17 shoe outlet/ARP $168), Scarlett Blake ivory purse ($20 eBay/ARP $200).

Grand Total: $48
Approximate Retail Price: $678
Savvy Savings: $630


The Beverly Feldman heels are called "Funtastic." With a name like that, it's enough to make me NOT want to wear them, but I swear I didn't know the name when I bought them. They are not the type of shoes I gravitate towards, but I had to make an exchange that day, and it was the only thing that remotely sparked my interest and forced to make a decision, Funtastic it was. In truth, I now like the shoes. They are...ha, ha...fun. At least my niece thought so each time she heard the shells jingly together. It kept her occupied and quiet for a time in church, and that, as any mother knows, is priceless.

No comments:

Post a Comment