Sunday, June 14, 2009

Savvy Supermom Thrift Store Score - BIKES!

So the girls had outgrown their bikes and given the warmer weather I kept hoping we'd strike it right at the thrift store and boy did we! I had been looking for a couple months when all of a sudden in the space of a week I found these two gems.

The first bike was a genuine Disney Princess Huffy bike complete with beautiful iridescent tassels...until my youngest pulled them off. I wish I had gotten a picture of the bike with them since it was a) so cute and b) indicative of what good condition it was in when we bought it. I paid $7 for the bike, from what I can tell it retailed for $80!

The second bike we found a week later looks a lot like the one they were selling at Walmart for $60, only I got it for $5. It was $9.99 with a half-off sticker. I actually had to pull of the protective clear coat off of several pieces of the bike it was in such great condition.

Grand Total: $12
Approximate Retail Price: $140
Savvy Savings: $128

Two new bikes for the summer....PRICELESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment