Saturday, June 13, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $15 Trading up for a Coach Bleecker Duffle

So I have a confession to make. I loved the Dooney & Bourke Lock Sac that I bought at Plato's Closet and I used it quite a bit, but I didn't LOVE it. It seemed a little big on me when I looked at the pictures. I'm not a big person, only 5'4" so it seemed a little overpowering, even as I loved the amount or "stuff" that it carried. So, I sold it. I was able to sell it on eBay for $175 and used $100 of that to buy this gorgeous green Coach purse.

In the end the math works out this way: I spent $24 for the Dooney Lock Sac, sold it for $175 (paid $18 in fees) so I "netted" $133. I then spent $100 for the new Coach so I ended up with a new Coach purse and $33 in my pocket.

The Breakdown.
Morrissey shirt ($5 thrift store/ARP $125 ), black tank top ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), Gap white cotton skirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $40), white leather MIA heels ($4 thrift store/ARP $60), green Coach Bleecker duffle purse (FREE/ARP $328).

Grand Total: $15
Approximate Retail Price: $556
Savvy Savings: $541

Seems Peter Morrissey is a designer more well known in England and Australia. He closed a bunch of his stores last year, which is a shame since this shirt is a pefect, easy to wear, flattering look that isn't high maintenance. Maybe I'll get lucky and find more at the thrift store!

Stay Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment