Monday, November 16, 2009

The Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $27 & Yak Pile to Boot!

Today was school - the girls and I attend a one-day-a-week school that we integrate into our homeschool routine. I love that it's just one day a week and that it provides for us a skeleton and jump-off point of learning for the rest of the week.

I also love the fact that I put "normal clothes" on before 9 in the morning - not that PJs aren't normal, but they sure aren't appropriate in most social situations.

The Breakdown.
Mossimo cotton sweater ($5 Target/ARP $17), Essentials by Milano shirt ($3 thrift store/ARP $30), Union Bay cord skirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $30), Victoria Secret boots ($15 boot outlet/ARP $130).
Grand Total: $27
Approximate Retail Price: $207
Savvy Savings: $180

Later in the day, the girls and I stopped by the thrift store and I found a lovely Tibetan 100% Yak Pile shawl (never mind that Yak Pile sounds like something from which I would most definitely NOT want to make a shawl) for just $1.50. It also happened to match my outfit perfectly so I'll be sure to use it when the weather turns colder...which I hope it DOES NOT anytime soon.

Stay Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment