Tuesday, February 23, 2010

The Savvy Supermom of the Day - $30 Lucky Brand Bohemian

Hey Y'all! How on earth have you been? To say I've been busy would be an understatement. It's been a full year so far. New jobs, a new homeschool tutorial, girl scouts and some household renovations that have just seemed to have eaten up all my free time. Nonetheless I have been thinking about y'all and have some great things to blog about so please stay tuned!

Lately I've been feeling a little funky and bohemian, but as I am not 20-something and don't plan on wearing dreadlocks anytime soon I've been trying to find that line between cool casual and "I'm trying to look younger than I am." It's not that I don't like my cardigans and trouser jeans, but I guess I've been craving something less structured.

There's something about the more organic shapes (paisleys and swirls in earthtones) versus symmetrical boxes and plaids and distressed leather and the deep patina of well-loved leather that just "speaks" to me. Maybe it's because in the midst of hitting my 40-something stride, I feel very liberated and more comfortable with myself.

The Breakdown.
Lucky Brand thermal shirt (Birthday Gift!/ARP $59), purple tank top ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), mustard colored tank top ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), Banana Republic Boot Cut Jeans ($19 eBay/ARP $79), Bronx suede boots ($5 thrift store/ARP $125).

Grand Total: $30

Approximate Retail Price: $269

Savvy Savings: $239

I do hope this finds you well and happy - I look forward to talking to y'all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment