Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $52 Fossil Patent Purse & Michael Kors Cool

I've find that in the in-between weather pairing a bright light weight blouse with jeans or even khaki's kicks things up a notch. It's just as easy to throw on as a sweatshirt and jeans, just better looking.

This Sunday we were running terribly late for church so I threw on jeans instead of looking for a skirt or a pair of slacks. It's not that our church is formal, tons of people wear jeans, but I don't always get a chance to be out and about so many people during the week so I sometimes like kicking up a notch on Sunday because...well...because I can!


The Breakdown.
DKNY jeans (FREE Plato's Closet exchange/ARP $50), Michael Kors suede & bronze leather belt ($2 thrift store/ARP $50), Apt. 9 shirt ($5 thrift store/ARP $40), gold Nine West leather kitten heels ($5 Kohl's/ARP $60), Fossil patent leather purse ($40 eBay/ARP $180).

Grand Total: $52
Approximate Retail Price: $380
Savvy Savings: $328

Anyway, I ran out of the house in this and my husband commented several times that day that he liked this outfit on me so I took note, and when I went on my buying spree on Sunday afternoon I bought two shirts along the same vein. All the shirts are machine washable and because they are either crinkly or a poly-blend I don't have to iron them! Woo-hoo!

Stay Savvy Y'all!

1 comment:

  1. Love your spending tips! The belt and purse really work together....nice eye. www.styleforlessstacyg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete