Saturday, July 11, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $23 HOBO International & Banana Republic

Ahhh - the weekend! After two weeks worth of short work weeks (my Hubby worked 6 days out of 14), last week was a full week, and thank goodness it went by a whole lot quicker than I thought it would. Still, I'm glad it's the weekend. This morning we've got FREE swim classes at Prairie Life Fitness, our gym, so it's time to get on and get moving.

We like to get everyone showered and ready for the day after working out, which means packing toiletries and outfits. Outfits like this are great to throw into the bag and not worry about it looking too wrinkled.

The Breakdown.
Banana Republic wrap shirt ($2 thrift store/ARP $50), white tank top ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), The Limited white skirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $40), MIA white leather mules ($4 thrift store/ARP $60), HOBO International white leather purse ($11 eBay/ARP $250).

Grand Total: $23
Approximate Retail Price: $403
Savvy Savings: $380

Is this a little too fancy to wear on the weekends? I don't think so! It's just as easy to wear as shorts and a t-shirt, just as easy to wash (no ironing here because the touch of spandex in each piece) and a whole lot cuter. Ok, so the heels might be what kicks it up a notch, but hey, it's just as easy to wear a pair of black flip flops and just as appropriate.

Nashville is a small town in some ways. It's not unusual for me to run into friends as well as clients. Dressed like this I always feel like I represent both myself and any potential clients well - and at $30 I'm not breaking the bank to make a good impression all the time!

Life is short so live Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment