Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Savvy Supermom's Fun at Sips n Strokes, Franklin

Boy did I have a great time the other night at this new little place called Sips n Strokes in Franklin! For $25 I spent two hours painting a picture with a couple of my girlfriends while sipping on a nice glass of Cabernet.

Now while that may seem like a lot of money, I assure you, given the fact that they provide all but the wine (i.e. canvas, paints, easel, brushes, smocks and instruction) I thought it was well worth the money. Participants need to BYOB, but there were just as many people sipping on water and lemonade as there were those of us sipping on wine so it doesn't have to be expensive.


Several people in the group had never painted before and they had a great time while producing a beautiful piece of artwork that is indeed worthy of hanging in their home. It was really interesting to see how the pieces all were the same thing and yet as different as the personalities that painted them.

There are 9 locations in all. Franklin is the only Tennessee location with the other 8 in neighboring states Alabama and Georgia. They also offer franchises, which I think is a great opportunity for people in other Metropolitan areas. I can't tell you how fun it was to unleash my inner artist.

I plan on going back next month when there is a painting that will match the decor in my home perfectly. I hope to see some of my Savvy Supermom Nashville Friends there!

No comments:

Post a Comment