Saturday, September 19, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $18 A/X Armani & Cole Haan Casual

I love skirts, but sometimes I don't feel like wearing a skirt - but then I tried to put a pair of jeans on and they were squishing me too much and I decided maybe a skirt wasn't so bad after all.

I don't know if I am in denial by not going through all my jeans in preparation for the fall, but the few I kept in my drawer are a little tight right now so I'd rather not depress myself by trying more on, and just go for the more forgiving denim skirt. Anyone give me an "amen"?


Maybe it's because it's "that time of the month" or maybe it's just that at 40 I need to work harder on my abs and well, I don't want to - whatever the reason, I'm feeling a little poochy. Sigh. That could be why I plunked down the extra $1 at the Dollar Tree and bought the "Hula Abs & Butt" DVD the other day.

I grew up in Hawaii and even took hula lessons at one time, but due to subsequent years on the Mainland and a lack of opportunity, I never picked it up again. But hey, if I can get back to my Hawaiian roots AND end up a little slimmer in the gut area, I'm all up for the try. I'll let you all know how that goes...without embarrassing pictures.


The Breakdown.
A/X Armani Exchange skirt ($8 Plato's Closet/ARP $98), Fang black shirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $24), Cole Haan "Genie" Nike Air patent leather ballet flats ($6 thrift store/ARP $175).

Grand Total: $18
Approximate Retail Price: $297
Savvy Savings: $279

Ok, so maybe the black shirt was a little much as far as "mourning because my jeans made me feel like a stuffed sausage" but I tried to make it all better with a little bit of happy green. I do love the pop of color the bright green bag adds to this outfit. And well, patent leather is an excellent choice for rainy weather since it doesn't stain or get water spots and we've been getting a lot of that lately!

As a note, I bought this little Coach beauty on eBay for $45!

Stay Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment