Thursday, November 12, 2009

Beautiful Pasta


When Daddy is away on business it gives me a chance to serve some things for dinner that maybe I wouldn't otherwise. No offense to my Beloved, but he's a little more picky in his dietary requirements, and something that I and the girls would be fine eating for dinner just wouldn't have enough protein and substance necessary for a grown man. I'm not talking mac'n'cheese & hot dogs for dinner or even cereal for dinner - no, I'm talking plain gourmet pasta and green beans.

I admit, I bought it solely for its looks. How shallow is that? Well, it was fairly healthy as food goes, boasting an ingredient list of just 5 items (including spinach, beetroot & turmeric), but despite that fact, the truth is that I can pay less than $1 for a package of pasta and still I plunked down $4. Why? Because it was beautiful.





See what I mean? Even through cellophane, raffia and a tag sporting an old Italian man, I could see the potential. And oh the teaching opportunities...

"So girls, do you think the red pasta tastes different from the green? Or does the striped bow-tie pasta taste stripey?"

All I know is that we three girls happily munched on our multi-colored pasta seasoned with just a bit of olive oil, butter, salt & pepper and fresh grated Parmesan cheese with a side of blanched green beans this evening and felt we had experienced a 5-star meal.

After all, it really is the simple things in life, isn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment