Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Chili Pepper Flakes Anyone?


Please tell me I am not the only one who does silly stuff like this?

I cleaned out my kitchen drawers, well, maybe not all, but a select few. In one drawer I found a whole cache of chili pepper flakes and Parmesan cheese packets from our semi-regular movie nights. At least once every-other-week we set out a big tablecloth on the bonus room floor, eat pizza and watch a movie together. From old Disney movies to present day movies like the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, the movies are just part of the fun. We all love our little family tradition...and well, Costco pizza is $10 and it's gigantic.

Needless to say they hand us a stack of pepper and cheese each time we partake of this little ritual, and we don't use all of it. I don't have the heart to throw it out because it's just seems wasteful. So as my husband sat watching me with raised eyebrows (trying not to laugh and shake his head each time I sneezed) I cut the top off of all the pepper packets and put it into an empty spice jar I had.

Would you believe I filled the whole thing?! I had no idea that they would and now I am even more glad that I didn't just throw it all into the trash.

I didn't have as much luck with the Parmesan cheese since the girls would happily put a whole packet on every single piece of pizza they ate - and let me tell you, they can put some pizza away - nevertheless it still filled the cheese container up an extra inch.

Please tell me that you have done something that crazy so that I know that I am not alone...

No comments:

Post a Comment