Friday, November 27, 2009

Into the Fray...Black Friday

So we did it. We went out for Black Friday.

My husband and I had discussed the fact that there really wasn't anything we needed...except for a new cordless power drill. Sometime in the last year our old one died and replacing and recharging the battery didn't seem to help, and while I am fine using a plug-in drill, I did miss the convenience of the battery pack. So my husband trudged out at 8:30 am and retrieved us a new cordless power drill. YEAH!

Not to be outdone by my hubby, I went out with the girls and we wandered around the mall for a bit, leaving the house around 9am. We took care of a few birthday gifts at Claire's where they were having 12 items for $10.

I also picked up a new painting at Kirklands. I had seen it a couple months ago and loved the colors. It reminds me of the beach, without being too beach-y. It was regularly $99 and I got it for $39. I had to change the color of the frame. It use to have a band of gold around the picture and the edge of the frame so I taped it up and spray painted it on my front lawn.

Besides the fact that the gold previously didn't really work with the colors I had in the house, the darker frame makes the color POP more. At almost 4 feet high and 3 feet wide it's a pretty large picture for the foyer, but I do love looking at it. Sigh, it makes me miss the beach though.

The Savvy Supermom Outfit Breakdown.Old Navy sweater ($6 thrift store/ARP $24), Red Camel Skirt (Belk's $7/ARP $30), Via Spiga boots (Free with trade-in Plato's Closet/ARP $250), Coach Bleecker Laced Flap Purse ($140 eBay/$450ARP ), Wet Seal vest ($6 thrift store/ARP $25).

Grand Total: $159
Approximate Retail Price: $779
Savvy Savings: $620

Not a particularly exciting Black Friday, but I'm happy!

Hope Y'all had a great Thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment