Thursday, November 19, 2009

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $27 Morrissey & Victoria's Secret

I put this outfit together for the sole purpose of wearing this purse today. Somehow I felt like I needed a little red in my life, and the black and white provided the perfect backdrop to showcase one of my favorite bags. It's slouchy, it's soft, it's Rebecca Minkoff's Dream Bag - and she is a dream!

The Breakdown.
Morrissey black & white shirt ($5 thrift store/ARP $150), black tank ($3 For Love 21/ARP $3), Ideology skirt ($4 thrift store/ARP $60), Victoria's Secret boots ($15 boot outlet/ARP $130)

Grand Total: $27
Approximate Retail Price: $343
Savvy Savings: $316

I love clothes that can work in any season. I wore this shirt in a different combination earlier this year and paired it with a white skirt, white heels and a green purse. By changing out the shoes for boots and wearing a darker skirt, it easily moves to fall.

As it is getting a little cooler here, I also brought along one of my all-time favorite shawls. Received as a birthday gift last year, this shawl is from New York & Company, and I love it! I never figured myself for a shawl/throw sort of person but having since discovered it's basically a blanket you get to wear and snuggle up in without people looking at you like you're strange, I have since embraced it.

Of course there is a certain element of a shawl being a bit dramatic. You know...

"Frankly, I don't give a darn what you think," she yelled as she threw her cape around her shoulders and slammed the door behind her.

And though I do not necessarily see myself as such, I am now old enough to not really care if anyone thinks it a bit dramatic...I've been called worse before.

Stay Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment