Thursday, April 22, 2010

Savvy Supermom Outfit of the Day - $14 Kenneth Cole Cool

It wasn't technically a date night, though since we've had kids any night we get to go out without the girls and have great adult conversation somehow becomes a date night ipso facto. The girls are spending a couple days with their grandparents and great-grandparents so my Hubby and I have had some free adult time. Last night we were invited to a party.

The sad truth is that my husband's company was recently acquired and the party was actually a company "farewell party". The great news is that my husband's job seem to be one that will make the transition. Of course, in this economy we take nothing for granted but at least for now he is still gainfully employed.

That said, I do realize that every get together with his fellow co-workers is to an extent a networking opportunity that might someday result in a job or working with someone. I know this is about my husband, but it's also about us as a team and I want to be the partner that makes him proud.

The Breakdown.
Kenneth Cole Jean Trousers ($5 thrift store/ARP $79), Arden B purple shirt with chain detail ($5 thrift store/ARP $40), Fioni patent leather slides ($4 thrift store/ARP $25).

Grand Total: $14
Approximate Retail Price: $144
Savvy Savings: $130

The evening was a lot of fun, and dressed as such, I felt comfortable in the middle ground between the business wear in which some attended the party and the jeans & polo shirts of others. I LOVE these jeans because they make me look tall and leggy - and who doesn't want that? Best of all, for $15 I had a great outfit in which I felt I could hold my own.

"Why yes, I homeschool my children...."

Stay Savvy Y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment